Thursday, February 08, 2007

We found out yesturday that Alyson's cancer has come back in the same breast as last time. She had gone in for a routine breast MRI about two weeks ago and they called us and told us that they had found a spot that they wanted to investigate further. At first, Aly and I just blew it off as scar tissue showing up, because that is what it usually is when she gets things checked out. It was a Tuesday that they found the lump, and as I said we just blew it off, but then on Saturday Aly did a self exam and found the lump herself. I think she knew right away that things were not good, because the lump she felt this time was not there before. To her it felt the same as when we discovered the other lump about 1 1/2 years ago.

At this point we are starting from square one with regards to treatment. We have a doctor's appointment of Febuary 16 and we will figure things out. I am really asking for prayer from anybody who may read my blog. I will keep all of you updated through this blog.

I was thinking last night that I could really use my Texas small group. You all are such prayer champions and Alyson, Brooks and I could really use your prayers as we figure out what we are going to do. The good thing is that I think we have again discovered it early, and this time we are surrounded by our wonderful families for even more support. We thank you in advance for your prayers.

ALYSON WILL BEAT THIS THING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Big Brother said...

Bri and Alley I am sorry to hear the news. I am praying for you all.
Stay strong as I know you are. Love T.

Clint said...

God was grasious in alowing Brooks to be born free of treatment. now we can take care of this problem without harming your son and we will take care of this problem.

Anonymous said...

Aly and Brian,

Thanks for posting your findings. I am encouraged today by the response from all of your family and friends all over. May God bless your entire family with His Love today and throughout this next year. I feel blessed to have you in our life.

Love,

Rachel

Anonymous said...

As an unknown anonymous reader of your blog for just over a year now, I am adding my prayers to the mix. May God bless the three of you and give you the strength to deal with everything that comes your way.

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry to hear about this. We are praying for you and your family. Kristy

Anonymous said...

Brian and Aly,
Our prayers are with you. We pray for God's wisdom and healing during this time of uncertainty. Give Brooks a big hug for us.
Love, Jamie and Kelly Witt

Bradford L. Stevens said...

Dear Brian and Alley,

Rachel sent me an e-mail. Please know that prayers are being lifted up for you in St. Louis.

I belive that God has a purpose behind every problem. Christians are not immune from suffering. Psalms 34:18 "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who are crushed in Spirit." I don't pretend to understand the "why?"; but, I know that God uses events to mold and shape us. He could have kept Joseph out of jail, or Daniel out of the lion's den, or Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego out of the blazing furnace....but, he did not. I have always wondered how the apostle Paul felt when he was on a mission from God and the ship sinks, not once; but, 3 different times while he was a passenger? 2 Cor. 1:9 says it best: "We felt we were doomed to die and saw how powerless we were to help ourselves; but, that was good, for then we put everything into the hands of God, who alone could save us." My prayer is for you to know that you are in the hands of God and that you will experience his love, mercy and grace. We love you!

In Him,

Brad Stevens

Candy said...

Brian - I just read this and I am initially shocked. BUT we know one thing...Our God is way bigger than all this and more than anything else He loves Alyson - and you and Brooks. I will be praying for healing and knowledge for doctors and peace and joy and everything else that He brings to mind. I know this is just another attack and God will overcome this evil with His good and perfect will for all of you. I heard something the other day that comes to mind. I heard someone say to "expect a testimony in all circumstances". Alyson's already got a one, now here's her chance for an addendum to her testimony of God's great love and care for her. Be strong my friends. We love you so much.

Anonymous said...

Brian,
I am praying right now for you and your wife. May God bless all of your decisions and favor her with swift healing.
Your sister in Christ,
JoAnn

Quick Update

Just a quick update on Alyson's progress. She completed her chemotherapy on Nov. 12. She did remarkably well. The cold cap did its job a...